Sunday, December 9, 2007

Okay, so it's been a long time

Well I have my final project submitted for my MLS. I don't have a grade yet, but I'm confident that I'm done. And a huge relief it is.

I've just had a really difficult experience, and this is just the place to discuss it I suppose. Lately I've been reading books by author Derrick Jensen. (Specifically Endgame Parts I and II) If you are interested in these books I'd really appreciate it if you got them from Jensen's website though, so that more of the money makes it into his hands. I can't say enough good things about the books and what Derrick Jensen has to say. I became a member of his online forum and was truly moved by what many of the members had to say about various topics. Some of them were young people who are working hard at finding an appropriate way to respond to the current state of our world. I felt a real sense of community there, and yet there was also an ugly undercurrent of intolerance and a real inability to embrace and recognize important input from valuable allies. It made me aware of the importance of forming a local tribe, and it made me thankful for the tolerance that those in my admittedly conservative local area display.

I'm taking a break from that venue for my thoughts. But that means I have more time for you, the wonderful readers of... The Proletarian Librarian!

1 comment:

Angel, librarian and educator said...

Good to hear you got your project in.

I have not read his work (Jensen's), so I may have to look up at least one of the books.

In the meantime, best, and keep on blogging.